In a traditional office, a segregated set up is created with the help of office cubicles and office partitions. Initially, partitions were designed to discourage outside work-related discussions. However, the exact opposite thing happened and employees’ productivity and motivation took a hit. So, the current mantra in office spaces is to create a flexible environment that focuses both on employee engagement, privacy, and improvement in their performance levels. Some of the advantages of using flexible office partitions are:
- Partitions offer dynamic designs and office layouts– There was a perception before that a mistake in office construction could not be corrected. With the increase in popularity of flexible office partitions, this perception has changed and office architects are more open toward experimenting with the placement of office cubicles. Therefore, these allow businesses to correct their mistakes in office designs.
- Office partitions allow office architects to stick to a planned budget– Earlier remodelling and reconstruction of offices were considered as lucrative business options because office architects were not able to stick to a planned budget. Projects that involved anything in remodelling had a lot of overheads in the form of moving employees to a new location, hiring labor, and purchasing new materials. Now with flexible office partitions in the picture, the disruption of daily activity is less. Sometimes the remodelling work can be done in the night without affecting the employees who come to work during the day.
- Office partitions are reliable and durable – Office partitions these days can withstand any kind of pressure. With the increase in high intensity work environments where frayed tempers are common, it is very important to use partitions that can withstand work-pressure-induced fist punches.
The Growing Importance of Glass Office Partitions in A Flexible Office Environment:
Glass partitions form a critical part of the modern office environment that encourages flexibility. Since most of the glass partitions are sleek and elegant, they offer a level of sophistication to the entire working environment. The other benefits of using glass office partitions are:
- It allows a lot of natural light to come inside an office space. It is a well known fact that natural sunlight can soothe frayed nerves of employees. Also, sunlight is a rich source of Vitamin D, which improves the overall immunity of the human body. Hence, lower the number of sick leaves taken by employees, greater is the productivity. Along with these amazing health benefits, glass partitions reduce the requirement of artificial lighting, which in turn reduces the expenditure related to light bills.
- Some office-going people think that glass can never work as a sound barrier. However, double-glazed glass is one of the best sound barriers that can be used as an office partition. In addition to this, they can also be easily assembled and disassembled, making it one of the most frequently used type of partitions in modern day offices. Also, glass partitions can be moved from one place to the other.
- The different styles of glass partitions available in the market are: frosted, tinted, colored, and printed glass partitions.
- There is a deep variety of glass partitions available in the market. The steel framed glass partitions are especially impressive and bring in a whole new level of artistic style to the working space. Experts also suggest that these glass partitions allow businesses to grab the attention of their clients, which might result in increasing the volume of the business.
Thus, partitions have proved beneficial in many ways but the choice of these partitions should be made on a specific requirement of the business.