How To Move A Steel Building From One Place To Another
If you didn’t know about this, steel buildings are actually moved all of the time. It’s a pretty common place thing for a small or big steel building to be moved from one location to another, for whatever reason that may be for. This is also known as structural relocation or structural moving. One of the reasons why it’s so common place is because steel buildings are designed in parts that are easy to remove from one another and put back together.
However, this is something that you should know the exact details about before you attempt to do or even hire someone else to do. There’s a lot of steps that go into preparing a steel building for a move and actually getting it done in the proper way. Make sure to keep reading down below, where we’ve compiled a guide for how to move a steel building from one place to another.
- Why Would You Move a Steel Building in The First Place?
First of all, there are a couple of main reasons why you would even look into moving a steel building to a different location.
- The building might be right in the middle of an area that’s about to be redeveloped. When this happens, this could destroy the beautiful views your building enjoys. You can move the building to improve those views by shifting its direction.
- You’re selling the land that your building is on, but you would like to keep the building itself. Or the ground beneath your building might not be solid or safe enough anymore for it to stand there.
- Or the building might just be moved due to various construction errors.
Even when you break a steel building down into pieces, it can still be tough to move. It takes tons of planning and coordination to make it happen. Newer buildings are going to be a lot easier to move than older buildings, however, for a variety of reasons.
- What Equipment Is Necessary to Move It?
If you’re planning on moving the entire building made from Buck Steel, it’s going to be necessary to find a crane hire in Perth. Basically, this is needed to ensure that everything stays in place during the moving process. If you’re looking for Bosch diesel nozzle in stock online, visit Goldfarb’s website.
As the structure is lifted up, there are other materials that are stacked underneath it like wood beams in order to bring it up to the right height. A flatbed truck is then moved right underneath the building and the structure is placed on the back of the truck. It’s very important to place access mats underneath the truck so that during this process, the building is kept level and it goes onto the truck smoothly.
- Relocating Smaller Buildings.
When it comes to moving buildings, you can either move a huge steel building or you might just be wanting to move the shed in your backyard. Moving a small building is obviously going to be pretty easier than moving a huge steel building. A smaller steel building can just be moved as a unit if you’re just going from the front yard to the back yard. Let’s give you an example. You just want to move your shed from one side of the yard to the other side. You would place wooden slats on both sides of the under-side of the building. Then, you’re just going to attach a tow rope to the shed and easily slide it over to the new building with the help of a truck.
All you would do then, once the shed is in the right position, is remove the wooden slats and lower the shed to the ground. Then you have the new location set and you’re ready to go!
- Deconstruction Process.
Next up, we’re going to talk about deconstructing a steel building in order to move it to a new location. As we mentioned earlier, steel buildings are constructed in pieces and therefore, can be taken apart in pieces. This is a fairly easy process, but must be done very carefully so that it’s done correctly.
- First, the trim and accessories of the building will need to be taken down.
- Next up, the roof panels need to be removed.
- Along with the roof panels, the wall panels need to be taken off.
- Lastly, you will disassemble the frame.
And that’s it for the deconstruction process! The frames and all the extra materials can then be easily transported to the new location. And once they have arrived at their final destination, you will just need to reverse the process of deconstruction to put it back together again. However, make sure that you have a new foundation placed before you have moved the parts! Whether the job calls for foundation or sheet pile driving services, it’s important to note that we have the state of the art machinery that allows us to drive wood, steel sheet, H pipe and hollow steel pilings deep into the ground. Whether the job calls for foundation or sheet pile driving services, it’s important to note that Professional Foundation Piling Companies here have the state of the art machinery that allows them to drive wood, steel sheet, H pipe and hollow steel pilings deep into the ground. For this step, you may need Metal Shims for Foundation Leveling.
- Reconstruction Process.
Once you have reversed the process and gotten the building back together again, you will want to do a thorough inspection of the building done by qualified independent building inspectors to ensure structural integrity. Search for Industrial Painters Near Me to ensure that the paint or coating has not been removed from the panels as this could cause some serious corrosion in the near future. Spray painting is a cost-effective solution done by Edmonton Painters for recoloring a structure, protecting it from exterior damage, and even adding stylish touches. If there are any problems that you find, try Stubbins Painting San Diego which fixes these issues as soon as possible.
- What Do You Look for When Hiring a Structural Mover?
If you are thinking about hiring a company to do the moving for you, there are some important thing to keep in mind when you are in the hiring process. It’s indeed a great idea to get a professional to move your building, but if you don’t watch out for the following things, you could end up with a less than high-quality structural mover:
- Find out about their insurance, including general liability and worker’s compensation.
- Ask how much experience they have had in the field and how many years the company has been in operation.
- See if they already have the proper equipment on hand or if it needs to be rented at an extra cost to you.
- Make sure that they are licensed to work in the area and know all of the local laws and regulations regarding building and moving steel buildings.
And there you have it! These are all the things you need to know about moving a steel building from one location to another. As mentioned, you should know all of these points before trying to move your building, whether it’s a small shed or a larger steel building.