The Scanning Process For Paper Files
You do not have to convert paper files into digital ones by yourself because you might find that this is a very time-consuming process and you would much rather get on with directing your employees and conducting important business deals.
What is the scanning process for paper files?
The Documents Are Packed Up Prior To The Scanning Process
1) The documents are going to be packed up in order so that the scanning firm is going to be able to deal with them easily when the files are taken out of the boxes at the scanning centre.
2) You will want to make sure that nothing is left behind, so make sure that all the files have been accounted for before they are taken away by the scanning firm.
The Documents Are Prepared For The Scanning Process
1) The documents are going to be prepared by the scanner document services when it is time for the paperwork to be converted electronically. This means that firstly all the paperclips and the staples will be removed. Once this has happened, the documents can then be flattened down so that they will go into the scanner properly.
The Documents Are Scanned
1) The documents are going to be scanned and they will be checked in a quality-control measure. The files should be clearly legible and they are not going to be obscured at all.
The Documents Are Stored
1) The documents are going to be stored a number of different ways.
2) The documents can be put onto a hard disk or a USB that you are going to be able to keep inside your office. The files can also be stored online at your convenience. Accessing all of this information is going to be easy.
The Paper Documents Are Returned To You
1) The USB and the hard disk are going to be sent to you so that you can store them. Also, you might decide that you want to keep all of the paper documents that have been scanned in the first place.
2) The paper documents are going to be restored to their former condition and they will be returned to you.
3) You will then be able to store the documents just like you did before in the office filing cabinets. These filing cabinets need to be kept in peak condition so that the files inside are not going to get damaged at all.
You may only need to use this kind of scanning service once, or there may be new documents that need to be converted on a monthly basis. It is going to be up to you how often you have these files scanned. You can talk to other business owners and they are going to inform you about the scanning services that they are currently using.
All scanning services have a confidentiality agreement with their customers, which means that absolutely none of your sensitive information is going to be passed onto a third-party and it will be kept secure.