All You Need To Know About The SSSTS Training
SSSTS stands for Site Management Safety Training Scheme. It is a training program that teaches the site supervisors about their health and safety responsibilities at the construction site. The aspirants can take up this course online, attend the classroom training sessions and get the certificate. Individuals and companies can enrol on this training program to get a better understanding of site supervision practices.
Like every other training program, there are some prerequisites for the SSSTS training. These are:-
- A person taking up this training should be directly related to the site supervision role.
- Prior experience of working actively on the construction sites and handling supervision operations is mandatory.
Any individual working as a site supervisor with a construction company can simultaneously take this training and upgrade the skill set.
Duration Of The Training
It is a short training program that a working professional can complete within two days. At the end of the two-day training, the aspirant would sit for the exam and clear it to get certified. Moreover, there is a refresher program available after every five years. In this refresher program, the professionals can brush up on their skills and learn the latest advancements in supervision practices.
Benefit Of This Training
- The construction sites are more prone to accidents and hazards. The situation can get intense depending upon the location of the construction site. Hence, it is essential for every site supervisor to keep learning new ways to ensure site security and the safety of the workers.
- In many places, the site supervisors have to take up this training by the law. It is to make sure that the person responsible for managing the heavy-duty industry is competent enough to handle the pre and post hazard situations.
- Accidents can put construction companies into legal trouble. It will not only halt the work but will also cause them a lot of monetary loss. Every company avoids these circumstances at all costs. They ensure that their staff gets proper SSSTS training and never let such things happen.
- Professionals who get such training and are well-versed with the changing trends have higher chances of getting better job opportunities with renowned construction companies and a lucrative salary package.
It is vital to enrol for the training and get certified in managing the site operations. Make sure you sign up for it through a reputed training body to avoid any disappointments at the end.